Thursday 29 May 2008

Just a minute with Christina Ricci on "Speed Racer"

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress Christina Ricci, who first hit the big screen opposite Cher in "Mermaids" at age 10, has been a Hollywood fixture for nearly two decades.


In her latest project, "Speed Racer," Ricci stars as Trixie, the title character's precocious girlfriend.


The action-packed family film about race car drivers is Ricci's biggest movie in years. For most of her adult career the actress has mainly acted in low-budget independent


films.


Over pasta and iced tea at a Los Angeles restaurant, Ricci, 28, talked to Reuters about "Speed Racer," getting older, and what she would do if she wasn't acting.


Q: You've been acting since you were 10. Did you ever think about doing anything else?


A: "Sometimes you are like -- worst case scenario: what other skills do I have? And I always think I'm good at listening to people. I could be a therapist ... I could be a life coach. I'm good at telling people what to do. I really enjoy that immensely."


Q: Are you like that in your own life, too?